The European Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container Association (EFIBCA) was founded in 1983. It soon became noted on the market for the publication of the first international FIBC standard in 1985. Since then it has consistently participated in the formulation of CEN and ISO standards for FIBC.
EFIBCA offers advice on all aspects of FIBC. It has a close liaison with test houses and cooperates with other FIBC associations and organisations. EFIBCA is committed to the continuous improvement of quality and safety of FIBC.
Today, EFIBCA counts over 45 member companies.
As a modern industry association its key objectives are:
- To represent the interests of the industry towards authorities and the public
- To promote the use of FIBC
- To set up high quality standards for FIBC
- To inform and safeguard the user of FIBC
- To inform members about the latest economic, legal and technical developments
- To cooperate with other associations and institutions related to FIBC