What is an FIBC ?
An FIBC is a flexible container, sometimes called a “big bag” or “bulk bag”, with a capacity up to 3 cubic metres, carrying loads from half a tonne to 2 tonnes. FIBCs are suitable for any free-flowing material in powder, granular or flake form. They are lifted from above by conventional handling equipment such as forklift trucks and cranes. They are the most cost-effective packaging and transport unit load system of all, as they require no secondary packaging or pallets.
Why use FIBC ?
- Established: Over a quarter of a billion tons of product is transported in Europe every year in FIBCs and the market is still fast-growing
- Versatile: Used for chemicals, minerals, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, agricultural products, fertilisers, plastics, cement and many more
Advantages of FIBC include
- An FIBC can carry up to 1000 times its own weight
- No pallets needed as each FIBC has integral lifting loops
- Reusable FIBCs fold float to take up minimal space when returned
- Colour printing turns the FIBC into a mobile advertising board promoting company and brand or displaying vital product and handling information
- Massive savings in meeting EU Packaging Waste Regulations-no pallets or secondary packaging and lowest packaging weight per tonne shipped
- Designed for easy recycling when working life is over
- Customised to suit material, plant and distribution system